Coder Not Turning Off

Hi all,

We have a 123 Coder that is not turning off. Holding the “stop button” will shut it off for a second, then it immediately turns back on. Removed the batteries, still the same thing.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

@Audra_Selkowitz @Aimee_DeFoe @Tina_Dietrich

1 Like

Have you tried cleaning the buttons? Just in case there is something on the play button that is conductive enough to trigger the touch sensor.

1 Like

Coder is clean. Still doing the same thing though. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

@Mike_Bothwell You can try forcing a firmware update for the Coder in the Classroom App. Open up the Classroom App, scan for Robots and Coders, then select the Coder you’re having trouble with. You can select ‘Update’ and force an update (even if it appears as green like it’s up to date).

Here’s a little video to show you what I mean. I cut the video off once it started updating, but just let yours go until the update is complete.

I hope that is helpful!

3 Likes

That worked! Had to replace the batteries first but when I did, the app allowed me to update (it didn’t at first). Appreciate you!

3 Likes

Oh great! Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am having this same issue, but cannot force an update because Vex Classroom is stating that the battery power is too low. I have replaced the batteries twice with new batteries, and it will not show on Classroom that the battery power is green. So, I have coder that doesn’t turn off, has fresh batteries and cannot force an update. Help?

1 Like

Hi @Amy_Welte, I’m sorry to hear that! Here are a couple of things you can try, let me know if any of these help.

• Completely close the Classroom App - sometime if I close out the Classroom App entirely (not just navigate out of it, but completely close it), then restart it, that helps. Then, try the same force update mentioned above.
  • Make sure the Classroom App is connecting to other robots/Coders accurately - Check to make sure the Classroom App is connecting to other Coders or robots, to make sure the app is able to pick up what you’re looking for.
  • Last but not least - Check the battery contacts - make sure the batteries in the Coder are in the right orientation, and the contacts are clean.

And as Chris Calver mentioned above, clean off the buttons, just in case :slight_smile:

I hope this is helpful!

1 Like