Judging Roles and Responsibilities

Judging Roles and Responsibilities [https://library.globalrobotics.org/hc/en-us/articles/50473550291988-Judging-Roles-and-Responsibilities\] states Judges must not be enrolled in primary or secondary school, whatever their age. The general Volunteer website [https://library.globalrobotics.org/hc/en-us/articles/53482592980116-Volunteer-Roles-at-a-Local-Event\] does not include this requirement. Which is correct?

We’ve had good luck in the past using high school students that “grew up” in the robotics program as judges. They have a lot more insight than the volunteer off the street that has never even seen a VEX robot. they do, of course, meet the age requirements and are paired up with an adult.

I didn’t see a reasonable way to raise this issue directly with Global Robotics.

I believe the not enrolled is a typo. Personally, paired with an adult and having them avoid conflict of interest the best we can (I am a JA in a small town) is about the best we can do. The insight the kids bring to the table helps the adults and teaches the importance of the notebook far better than words. I will use the high school students paired with an adult again this year. After the interview the kids share insights. So it really helps everyone. It is all about the kids.