VRC videos in the Video Library

Hello everyone!

As we’re in back-to-school mode, most Competition teams are also coming back together. Having teams find areas of inspiration and ideas for the new competition season is always helpful :smiley:

Did you know that there are a ton of VRC focused videos in the VEX Video Library? Many of these videos are interviews with VRC Competition teams at VEX Worlds.

Some of these videos focus on robot designs, overviews of Engineering Notebooks, engineering concepts, coding techniques, etc.

I know from previously coaching a VRC team with @Alaina_Haws, our team members would often search for videos of other VRC teams and how they explain different designs, coding techniques, and more.

How could you use these videos with your VRC team? I’d love to hear your ideas!

3 Likes

I’ve started a routine in my Advanced Robotics class of showing a video and having students reflect on it in a group discussion in Canvas. Many of my students are also on a team. This could be a great way to give them some ideas for competitions while also learning something relevant to class.

3 Likes

Hi @Leo_Fogel! This is a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing :smiley: I think this is a routine that could be implemented in both a team setting and an educational one.

The opportunity for students to reflect and discuss with others is an amazing experience for them to think deeply about certain concepts. If you don’t mind me asking, what are the types of items they are discussing? Is it more game strategy focused, build focused, or coding focused?

Also, have you seen the videos from this resource yet?

2 Likes

So far, I have used some videos about robotics in general, from Youtube. I just wanted to share something I found interesting and thought they could learn from.

Those engineering videos look really helpful! Especially for students that are part of a team, it could give them ideas for what to expect during interviews. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Absolutely! :smiley:

1 Like